A Last Hurrah

Yesterday was the last day of summer. Check the date. I’m not kidding. It was 30C (86F), the sun was shining and I made the most of it, lounging in the park, baking my bones, while reading of bones in another context. It was odd – it felt like the middle of summer, yet the long shadows at noon spoke of fall:



This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada and I took it upon myself to thank the earth for a lovely time.

I said thank you for the honey locust that brought me peace




for summer berries in summer dessert



for cloudless skies, deeply blue, and for sun through beautiful leaves



and for end of summer feet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?