Come Sit A Spell

One of the best places to sit and read a good book in my neighborhood.

And speaking of reading, a while ago, I got tagged by Barbara from Nova Scotia in the book challenge. I’ve been sitting on it for a while, because although I do read books, I only read audio books and it’s a bit difficult to find specific pages, paragraphs and sentences in an audio book. However, in a nice bit of synchronicity, I’m currently watching Brideshead Revisited for the first time since the early 80s – revisiting it, if you will and yes, that made me groan, too – and in the throes of cleaning up prior to moving next month, my mother found an old copy of the book, which I naturally purloined. It’s the 1952 Penguin edition, “not for sale in the USA”. It feels old, it smells old and I’m loving it. I’ll won't be able read it, but certain books are about having. As an aside, I never realized that the full title is Brideshead Revisited: the Sacred and Profane Memories of Captain Charles Ryder. So the challenge is as follows:

Pick up the nearest book.
Open on page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

"He did not fail in love, but lost his joy of it, for I was no longer part of the solitude. As my intimacy with his family grew I became part of the world which he sought to escape; I became one of the bonds which held him. That was a part for which his mother, in all our little talks, was seeking to fit me." Which is interesting, because that sums up everything about Charles and Sebastian's relationship.

I'm tagging the following:

Carrie, because she has exciting news and needs you to go over there and be excited for her.
AlisonH, because she needs to sit still and this is a good excuse to do that (me? Bossy? Never!).
Diane, because the first time I met her and her lovely mother, we spent a lot of time talking about books.
Lucia, because she's likely spending part of the summer by a very beautiful lake (I'm not envious at all) and needs to find good books to accompany her.
Kuka, because she'll probably post something from a yummy recipe and I need to be culinarily inspired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?