Independent Living with RA

The theme for July at MyRACentral is independence:

"The key in the door wakes me and I listen as my attendant putters around in the kitchen, pouring juice and getting a plate, letting me wake up slowly. She pushes my wheelchair into my bedroom, laughing as Lucy the cat refuses to get off the seat to allow room for me, meowing her protest as she is removed at last. I shower, my attendant washes my hair and later helps me dress. Toast and tea put on the table, she leaves and three hours later, another attendant comes to help me go to the bathroom."


You can read the rest
here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?