RA and Osteoporosis: Preventing and Managing Thinning Bones

The much-delayed osteoporosis post on MyRACentral is finally done:


"Rheumatoid arthritis.
Steroids.

Sedentary lifestyle.

Being low on vitamin D.


All are risk factors for developing osteoporosis. Although being a postmenopausal woman tends to be one of the more familiar risk factors, men, children and young adults are vulnerable, too. If you feel as if a heavy sack of doom just snuck onto your shoulders, you're not alone."


The rest of the post is
here.

Comments

AdrienneS said…
I would just like to throw out there, no matter what your general state of health, EVERYONE should get their vitamin D tested. Of several friends & family members who've had theirs tested, myself included, only one person's was actually normal. Everyone else's was low. Getting that situation rectified got rid of my winter blues (SAD) almost entirely and I also no longer wake up feeling horribly sore every day.  I thought I was just out of shape, but no, that was low vitamin D.  Not to mention the fact that I probably wasn't absorbing any calcium and have a family history of osteoporosis.

Anyway, just my little soapbox rant, but it's important.
Stuart Spindlow said…
Very good information thanks for sharing. Please visit http://goo.gl/wY2mdB

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?