Patients' Access to Treatments Act/10 Grassroots Advocates

   
The last week of Arthritis Awareness Month had me writing about advocacy in two different spectrums (spectra??).

First, the Patients' Access to Treatments Act.This is an important bipartisan initiative to limit insurance companies from charging more in co-pays for Biologics than for other drugs:

"When you have rheumatoid arthritis, medication can be an essential part of controlling the disease and managing symptoms. This is the moment where those who are insured breathe a deep, relieved breath. At least they won't have to worry about medication cost. Or will they?"

The rest of that post is here.

Also this week, I had the privilege of profiling ten amazing people in the inflammatory arthritis community, talking about what they do to advocate and raise awareness:

"Many people who live with rheumatoid arthritis are engaged in advocacy and raising awareness in one way or another. Many more want to get involved, but have limited energy or don’t know what to do. As part of our celebration of Arthritis Awareness Month, we wanted to profile a number of people who have found various ways, big and small, to spread the word. We hope that these stories might inspire you by showing that there is a range of activities you can do to advocate and raise awareness, depending on your health, energy and time. All of the people profiled do this is a labor of love by donating their time to the cause."

You can read the rest of that post here.

And now: weekend. I hope yours is wonderful.
  

Comments

Justaplainsam said…
I am very thankful for the coverage that my job provides, however by taking a biologic I have to abide by the schedule of the nearest IV infusion center. Orencia was great with the nurse able to come to my home but its exreamly hard to work with the Infusion centers restricted hours. I know I should be happy to be able to work, but sometimes I think the health care system would be much happier if I didn't work and could be at there beck and call for appointments... Sigh.... sorry for the rant :(
Prudential Life said…
Inspiring blog, everyone can get plenty of information for any topic. Pretty good post, this is one of the most excellent article that I've ever read! This is an enormous site and I have to pass on good wishes to you on the content.

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?