Chronic Christmas on Fashionably Ill

I was thrilled when Jessica Gimeno of Fashionably Ill asked me for an interview. We talked about my story, Chronic Christmas, and I shared three tips to survive the holidays with

"Today, I am interviewing Lene Andersen, author of Chronic Christmas: Surviving the Holidays with a Chronic Illness (paperback and kindle versions available).  The holidays can be stressful for anyone but they can be especially stressful for people with chronic illness.  Lene Andersen’s blog, The Seated View, is chalk full of inspiration and practical advice you can use all year round.   Lene is 54-years old but says she feels like she’s only 42!

Jessica Gimeno:  What is your official diagnosis and when were you diagnosed?
Lene Andersen:  I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis when I was nine years old, although the symptoms started five years prior to that. I also have migraines which started in my teens, and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 12 years ago.

Lene Andersen, author of Chronic Christmas
JG:  How long have you been living with illness?LA:  I’m coming up on half a century. It’s a very long time to live with pain and illness, but it also has a positive aspect. This lifetime of chronic illness has given me a lot of experience that I can use to help others in the same situation."

You can read the rest of the interview on Jessica's site Fashionably Ill
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?